Monday, January 17, 2011

Food Network/Cooking Channel rant

So, I'm watching the snow fall and have the Food Network/Cooking Channel on in the background. I flip between the two of them on a regular basis. And while watching Everyday Italian, I've come to the conclusion that:

1) She NEVER takes a breath. Seriously!! When the hell does she breathe??

2) Why must she speak the semi-Italian speak for some words??? Us, normal people, don't do that and yes, I know she's Italian and all but really, please speak normally. Thanks

3) Does she NOT own a shirt that fits properly?? I mean, I know she is...ummm...blessed with ummmm breasts, but PLEASE cover them properly. I REALLY don't think that men are watching the show at 2 in the afternoon.

4) While the food that she cooks looks good in theory, I've tried cooking a few of them and I cannot get it to look the way that it does when she cooks the same DAMN thing!!

5) One more thing then I'll move on. Why does she think that we all have Ricotta cheese on hand?? That stuff is expensive and unless I'm making stuffed shells or something of the like, I'm not buying it. Nope!!

Then over on the Food Network.......there is this show called Secrets From a Restaurant Chef (or something to that effect). Can you say, weird? annoying? what is that woman on? If you are a fan of this show, please accept my sincere apologies. But me, I cannot stand that woman. It's almost as bad as watching The Neeley's and their non-stop (hidden) sex talk. GEEZE....

Now for a show that I absolutely adore. It's the show on the Cooking Channel called French Food at Home. I LOVE her kitchen, her little accent, the simplicity of her cooking and everything looks good. I would share a picture of this lovely woman, but for the life of me, I don't know how to load the picture and give proper credit. I'm looking into that.

Now I must run and call hubs and remind him to bring home soy milk so I can have my Raisin Bran in the morning.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..............This is Wisconsin folks...:)

2 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

LOL sorry I just love listening to you rant sometimes. LOL

(((HUGS)))

We watch these two cooking shows... the one lady is Italian and she always says add a little olive oil. When she puts the bottle down it is half empty and she started with a full bottle.
The other is a Scandinavian show and some of the things they prepare are EWWWE! LOL

blueladie said...

Good Morning, Kelly. When will you put some pictures of your own cooking on? Would LOVE to see some, especially from the "French Food at Home" show! :D Cathryn