Monday, August 8, 2011

Random Crap......

Hi there!!!

It's been a while since I blogged about the random stuff that's been floating around in my head.  Put the post about Children's Hospital aside, it's been a very frustrating few months.  Ready?  This maybe a long post, hang on...


Sam is still not feeling well.  In fact, I had to cancel ALL his appointments for today because he's so sick.  I wish, pray, hope that we find out what the hell is going on with him.  He needs to be a kid again!! I need him to be a kid again!!  He's my lovey, my buddy and it hurts me to see him like this ALL THE TIME!! I'm one sad mommy.

Nathan has to go to the High School to be tested to see where he places for certain classes.  Since we homeschooled him last year (well, it was really unschooling him but I digress) he didn't get the opportunity to sign up for classes like all the other 8th graders did.  I think his biggest hurdle will be Math (it's a running thing with me and the kids...husband? not so much..) But we will see in a few weeks....A Freshman....where the hell did the time go?? This kid TOWERS over me, I think he's close to 6 feet tall.  Does it surprise me? NO, considering his dad is 6 foot 3 inches...anyways..

Nichole is working the State Fair this year again.  It's tiring work but it's money for her to save up and buy a car or clothes or maybe college...who knows, but for right now, she's not bored... That makes me very happy!!  In a couple of weeks we go and have her Senior pictures taken. A Senior?? My only daughter will be 18 in a few short months.  I think we did a good job raising her, giving her the values that we want her to have but in the same respect, give her the opportunity to speak her mind and to be a valuable part of the world we live in.

I mended some fences with a person from my past.  This is a good thing.  It had to be done, I'm glad we talked things out.  I hope and pray that this new found friendship last for a very long time.  And no, it's not the person who treated me like crap since Kindergarten and thinks she's all that and a bag of chips...It's a completely different person. So all is good...:)

I'm also a Podcast Junkie.  If you have Itunes or actually just search for podcasts in any search engine, you will find some good ones.  The ones I've found are:

 Dads are More Fun   This is one DAMN funny podcast.  I know it's meant for Dad's but still, it's so funny.  Bill Glass (e-surance commercials) and Justin Worsham (second funniest podcast) are too funny.  They give a great look at what Dad's go through when they have kids.  It's funny...

Naptime Radio This is yet another funny as all get out podcast.  It's Heather and Kate, who both have a set of twins and Kate as 2 additional kids.  I so can relate to all of what they are going through (not the twins part) and it's funny, because I get it.  Totally get it! Add the Biz Buzz and Nodelman's News Quiz and you got a great podcast.

Manic Mommies This is was one of my very first podcasts that I ever listened to.  It's funny and it shows how working mom's have the same damn struggles that the stay-at-home moms/dads have.  I wish I could go on the Manic Mommies Escape but funds are just not there. 

As you can tell, these are parent-related podcasts and I enjoy them.  There are more but this post is getting long.

I'm not being paid to comment on these podcasts, these are my opinions and they are truthful.  I do hope you give them a listen....

Enjoy!
Kelly

No comments: