Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's Wednesday Again

Let's see, It's Wednesday afternoon and my kids are home after having a 1/2 day of school today. They started WKCE (standardized testing in Wisconsin) testing yesterday and will continue with that for the next couple of weeks. All the kids hate it as it's time consuming and boring and I don't blame them but it's required for 3-12 grades I believe.

I got on the stupid bathroom scale this morning as I realized that my jeans are a tad snug and come to realize that I gained 10 fricken pounds in the last 3 months or so (maybe a little longer). I know my food choices haven't been right and I stopped walking because of the weather. But that shouldn't stop me as we have a YMCA membership with a new walking/running track. The only thing that is stopping me from going, is that at some point during the week there is a child home sick lately and I cannot take him/her to the Y just so I could walk. I suppose I could make arrangements with my DH so he goes the nights he needs to go and I could go the other nights. See..there is really no excuse. I think I need a diet buddy to help me with this 10 pound loss journey. I think on one of my email lists there is someone who is willing to be a "buddy" with me and we can encourage one another in this.

What else is new?? I started a new project from PS 2009 Limited Edition Santa kit (cannot remember the exact name but will post a picture in the coming days to show how far I've gotten) I also need to post a picture of the start before this one to show that I'm coming along with it. It's a BBD Loose Feather project. The weather is pretty today and I know, since this IS Wisconsin, the weather will change tomorrow (BOO HISS!!!)

Gotta run, a little kid wants me to play Wii Fit Plus with him.

Until next time.
Hugs
Kelly

2 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Well, I desperately need to lose more than 10 pounds, so I'll be glad to encourage you!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Glad to hear you are still hanging in there.

I need to lose weight too but I have so much stress going on here that seems like a not happening at the moment.

I need to get back to stitching...
Also need to find a job.