Friday, August 6, 2010

August already??

I cannot believe that it's August already. Where in the world did the summer go? I for one, will be happy to see the upper 80's and lower 90's leave and take the darn humidity with it. Today is beautiful, a little cloudy, but temps are nice and humidity is lower. My type of weather.

The State Fair has started and my daughter Nichole is working for the first time at the fair. I'm not sure what she's doing but when she came home last night, she went straight to bed and I talked a little to her this morning and she was still tired (and a bit sunburned). I haven't heard from her yet today so I assume that all is well. I cannot believe my kid is old enough to earn her own paycheck.

I also registered 2 out of 3 kids for school. They suck you dry of money I tell ya. Now all they have to have done is their pictures and get their schedules and that's it. School starts Sept 1, so does Nathan's homeschooling. I'm just glad we didn't have to put the registration fees on a credit card this year. It's sucky when we have to do that.

I've lost my stitching mojo. I'm not sure where it went or when it went but it's gone. I'm tempted to sell my stitching patterns but I know better. It will be back (I hope!) So for right now, I'm concentrating on school and reading fun books in my spare time. I also hope to take Christmas card pictures with Nichole's very expensive camera that I bought her. I'll post those pictures when I take them. It won't be anytime real soon, as I promised Nichole that we would do them AFTER she was done with the fair (August 15th).

Have to run and stop a fight in progress.
Hugs
Kelly

2 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I am with you... I cannot believe it is already August. Time is just flying by so fast.

A big Hooray for Nicole on working. Not many do that anymore... they want the world handed to them.

blueladie said...

Kelly, love your family comments. I hope that all is well with YOU. Continue to keep you and yours in prayer. Love, Cathryn