Monday, January 11, 2010

Update on my life

Well here it is, the second week in January and I managed to get all 3 kids to school today. After much complaining by Nathan I may add. He's just not a morning person and he's been home sick last week Thursday and Friday. He just complains that he's tired and HELL so am I but I'm up and doing stuff around the house that needs to be done at that ungodly hour. Hopefully he will be in a better mood once school lets out for the day. We shall see.

Sam is STILL battling his ear and throat infections. Took him to the doctor last week Friday and got a prescription for an antibiotic and wouldn't you know it, the kid will NOT take it. We tried mixing it with milk and juice, dilute it with water, gave him a huge glass of water on the side to take after he took the medicine. NOPE he will not take it. So, this morning I called the doctor and explained what is going on and he prescribed a different antibiotic and HOPEFULLY he will take it. Otherwise, I'm forced to use the "if you don't take it and get better you'll end up in the hospital" routine. I hate doing that but if it gets him to take his medicine then all the better.


Nichole is doing well, she is gearing up for a major studying/cram sessions for exams starting (I think) next week or the week after. She finally told people about the entry into the Art Competition over the Christmas holiday. Boy were my sister-in-law and my niece (who is an art major) were proud. So was Grandma!!

Chris is feeling much better these days, the cold he had really took him for a loop. He didn't miss work or anything. Just went to bed early and stopped going to the YMCA for a few days. Now I just want him to be more energetic like he was, I guess he still needs to recover from the cold. I'm doing alright. Feeling a bit more depressed lately. I think it's because there hasn't been any sunshine lately and hopefully the weather will continue to improve and get warmer and sunnier. We desperately need a January thaw.

That's it for now. I'll take a picture of the latest completed project I have and post it in a few days. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Hugs,
Kelly

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

Sounds like you've had a bunch of sickness going on. Hope all get well and back to normal soon!